Review : The Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout

5:00 PM



Series Rating: 5/5 Stars

Type of Book: Young Adult

Two words to describe this series: Exciting Adventure!

Synopsis (Obsidian - Lux #1):
Starting over sucks. When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.And then he opened his mouth.
Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something
unexpected happens.The hot alien living next door marks me.
You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. If I don't kill him first, that is.

Review time!
After seeing (and hearing) so many good things about this series, Ive been dying to read these for awhile. Needless to say, after finishing Origin (Lux #4), I was not disappointed what so ever. I was actually surprised how this series completely enraptured me.
Starting off with Obsidian, it was great to see how quickly the storyline took off. Usually I find myself bored with the first few chapters trying to get into the story itself - but not this one. 
Katy and her mom take a big leap and move from Florida to a small town in West Virginia to simply start over. Since Katy spends a lot of time indoors reading and blogging (who could blame her though…), her mom thinks it'd be better for her to get out and greet the neighbors and try to make some friends. She finally gives in and heads over - but to her surprise, she meets this super sexy and smart ass, Daemon Black. I kid you not… from the first chapter of this book, it has you wrapped around it's little (or big. whatever) finger.
Skipping to Opal (Lux #3) and Origin (Lux #4).... let me just tell you now. THAT LAST CHAPTER OF BOTH BOOKS. WHAT THE HELL! *face palm*. Talk about cliff hanger of all cliff hangers!!! I was thinking there was a few extra pages left at least. I'm not sure how I'm going to contain myself until Opposition (Lux #5) comes out... and that's not until August 5, 2014 - pure torture!


The characters - I simply loved them.
Katy doesn't take any of the crap handed to her from anyone and she says exactly what's on her mind - which is nice because who likes to read about a push over? Plus, her character is very relatable. She loves to read books and is very dedicated to the blog that she runs. 
Daemon Black is…. well, Daemon Black. God… if I could just get my hands on him somehow. He seems like an out right ass from the beginning, but you couldn't help but to be pulled to him. He always has something witty to say, and his character will never cease to amaze you. Once you think you have him figured out… HA. Think again! Oh…. and he has a very dirty mind (I'm not complaining).

Dee (Daemon's sister), is also another character I really liked. She's that really gorgeous and friendly girl you just can't help but love.
My ONLY complaint has nothing to do with the writing/storyline itself, but the cover models. I know that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but they aren't who I pictured. At all. Daemon is supposed to be significantly taller than Katy and have a bit more muscle tone on him (okay... a lot more). I've actually found GIFs of the cover model, and he looks a lot better with a shirt on - isn't it supposed to be the other way around though? 
Katy just seems way too.... "pretty" on the covers. I know she's supposed to be a beauty in disguise, but I would've preferred her in one of her blog t-shirts or something rather than a strappy dress and what not. I know I'm being picky... but details are details for a reason!

Okay. So if you haven't read them, go purchase the books at the nearest bookstore or the eBook version. 
You will NOT regret it!
Tease, please?
“Cookie?” he offered, holding a cookie full of chocolate chips.
Upset tummy or not, there was no way I could refuse that. “Sure.”
His lips tipped up one side and he leaned toward me, his mouth inches from mine. “Come and get it.”
Come and get…? Daemon placed half the cookie between those full, totally kissable lips.
Oh, holy alien babies everywhere…” 


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.